Gateway to Membership at Atonement
How is membership initiated?
- By conversion and profession of faith.
- By reaffirmation of faith.
- By transfer of membership.
- Associate membership.
What are the steps in joining Church of the Atonement?
- Attend the “Gateway” Orientation and Membership class.
- Tell Pastor Young that you desire to join the church.
- Meet with elders to present your testimony and to answer the membership questions.
- Turn in your signed Membership Application and Commitment Form.
- Be received during a public worship service.
People joining Atonement who have not been baptized previously are baptized at the time they are publicly received during a worship service.
The Gateway Class is taught by Pastor Curt Young
This course is designed to give you a solid orientation to Church of the Atonement. It will allow you to learn about Atonement’s mission, history, and beliefs. You will have the opportunity to meet leaders, hear about our church’s ministries and learn how you can become a member.
We will post the date of the next Gateway Class when it is scheduled.