Newcomers are always welcome at Church of Atonement!
We’d like you to know what you can expect as a newcomer to our church.
Opportunities to Connect with Other in Your First Weeks at Atonement:
- A warm greeting when you arrive.
- Help in finding your way around the facility.
- A “Welcome!” packet at the start of our worship service.
- Follow-up by our staff to respond to the interests you expressed in the church and its ministries.
- An invitation, in the Fall or Spring, to “Gateway” Sunday School class for newcomers
- An invitation to the Atonement Bistro, a family-style luncheon following the 11:00am service on select Sundays.
Opportunities to Grow through Christ-Centered Relationships in Your First Months at Atonement:
- An invitation to attend a Sunday School class from four study tracks: The Bible, Doctrine and Ethics, Practical Christian Living, or History and Current Events.
- An invitation to be part of a Small Group fellowship and Bible study that meets in a home
- An invitation to be part of our Women’s Mentoring Ministry.
- An invitation to participate in Men’s Ministries.
- An invitation for your children to participate in our children or youth ministries.
- An invitation to join a women’s Community Bible Study.
Opportunities to Serve Christ through Atonement Include:
- Urban ministry in partnership with Mid-County United Ministries, Rockville Pregnancy Center, and other community groups.
- Service in Children’s and Youth Ministries.
- Participation in our monthly “Service Team”.
- Short Term Missions at home or overseas.
- Involvement in Atonement’s Mercy Ministries.
- Service as a Church Officer.
- Membership in Atonement’s choirs or instrumental ensembles.