Atonement Youth Ministry Mission Statement: Atonement Youth Ministry’s mission is to meet students where they are spiritually, and walk alongside them in the direction of a mature, joyful faith in Jesus Christ.
The Summer Interns are responsible for ministering to the youth of Church of the Atonement through discipleship and the implementation of the summer program. Summer interns will also be given a list of students that they will be responsible for contacting on a weekly basis. As a summer intern, you will be paid $4000 for the summer which will begin May 30th and end August 6th. You will be provided with free room and board by a family in the church, and all meals while you are with students are covered by the youth ministry budget.
The summer interns report to the Director of Youth Ministry. Interns are responsible for the following ministerial and administrative tasks
– Design and implementation of creative weekly fellowship activities for the youth
– Planning and teaching weekly Bible studies and Sunday School classes (separate studies and classes for middle and high school students)
– Maintaining weekly one-on-one contact with students for the purpose of discipleship and spiritual growth and development
– Encouraging spiritual maturity in the youth through various service opportunities
– Promotion of all summer youth ministry events to parents and youth in a timely manner via postcards, flyers,
announcements in the church bulletin, and phone calls
– Participation in weekly church staff and summer ministry meetings
– Adherence to the budget for summer youth ministry activities
Summer Interns must be committed evangelical Christians who:
– Have completed at least their sophomore year of college or an equivalent
– Have a heart for youth ministry
– Have a solid understanding of the Bible with teaching experience
– Have an understanding of the Reformed Faith and willingness to teach from that perspective
– Have a passion to encourage the faith of spiritually and ethnically diverse students
– Be a people-oriented team player
– Have a valid driver’s license
– Have your own car with up-to-date insurance coverage
If you are interested or have any questions, please email Director of Youth Ministry, Seth Philbrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.